Migrating a Board Support Package (Windows CE 5.0)
If you have an existing board support package (BSP), you can migrate it to be fully compatible with the features available in Microsoft® Windows® CE 5.0.
If you do not have a BSP, you can create a new one or clone an existing BSP that is designed for similar hardware. For more information, see How to Create a Board Support Package and How to Bring Up a Hardware Platform by Cloning an Existing BSP.
In This Section
- How to Migrate a Board Support Package to Windows CE 5.0
- Provides information on how to migrate an existing BSP to be fully compatible with Windows CE 5.0.
- BSP Migration
- Provides information about changes to the BSPs provided in Windows CE.
- Boot Loader Migration
- Provides recommendations you can make to your boot loader to ensure that it runs correctly in Windows CE 5.0.
- OAL Migration
- Provides information about changes you must make to your OEM adaptation layer (OAL) to make it fully compatible with Windows CE 5.0.
- Kernel Migration
- Provides information about the changes made to the kernel. The changes are grouped by the Windows CE version in which they were made.
- Microprocessor Changes
- Provides guidelines on how to reference the different microprocessors supported in Windows CE.
- Obsolete Windows CE Functionality
- Provides information about obsolete Windows CE functionality related the boot loader, OAL, and kernel.
- Migrating a Device Driver
- Provides links to information about migrating device drivers from previous versions of Windows CE to Windows CE 5.0.
- Build System Migration
- Provides information on how to migrate the build system from previous versions of Windows CE to Windows CE 5.0.
- Migrating from an Earlier Version of Windows CE
- Provides information on how to migrate a Windows CE-based platform from an earlier version of Windows CE to the current one.
- Developing a Board Support Package
- Contains an overview about BSPs and links to topics that discuss the development process for each element of a BSP, specifically the boot loader and the OAL.
- Debugging and Testing
- Provides information about debugging and testing the Windows CE OS on a hardware platform.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors