Using Custom Actions
The following sections describe using custom actions.
- Invoking Custom Actions
- Sequencing Custom Actions
- Obtaining Context Information for Deferred Execution Custom Actions
- Adding Custom Actions to the ProgressBar
- Debugging Custom Actions
- Determining UI Level from a Custom Action
- Uninstalling Custom Actions
- Returning Error Messages from Custom Actions
- Setting a restore point from a Custom Action
- Functions Not for Use in Custom Actions
- Changing the System State Using a Custom Action
- Accessing the Current Installer Session from Inside a Custom Action
- Accessing a Database or Session from Inside a Custom Action
- Using a Custom Action to Launch an Installed File at the End of the Installation
- Using a Custom Action to Create User Accounts on a Local Computer
- Using 64-bit Custom Actions
For an overview of custom actions, see About Custom Actions.
For a summary of custom actions and how they are encoded into the CustomAction table, see Summary List of All Custom Action Types.