Obtaining a Database Handle
Before working with a database you must first obtain a handle to it.
To access information about an installer database
- Obtain a handle to the database in one of two ways:
- After the database has been opened, you can call functions to obtain information about the database or to manipulate the database.
- Create a View object and specify a SQL query of the open database by calling the MsiDatabaseOpenView function.
- Obtain a record that contains all primary keys of a specified table in the open database by calling the MsiDatabaseGetPrimaryKeys function.
- Check the current state of an open database by calling the MsiGetDatabaseState function. With the MsiGetDatabaseState function, you can determine the read/write status for a database or if the handle is valid.