The Security property is no longer available for use as of Windows Server 2012.
|Data type||Byte array|
|Access||Read/write (see Remarks)|
|Maximum||See Maximum String Size|
This property is not supported.
Windows Server 2003:
To change the value of the Security property.
- Retrieve the value of the property.
- Assign the value to a SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR structure.
- Pass the value to any Access Control or Network Management API function that will change the discretionary access control list (DACL) of the descriptor, such as SetSecurityDescriptorDacl or NetShareSetInfo.
- Once the value has been modified, update the Security property.
- Take the File Share resource offline and bring it back online to activate the new security settings.
Note When you use Cluster Administrator to create a new File Share resource, permissions for the "Everyone" group for that file share are set to read-only by default. However, if you use cluster.exe or the Cluster API to create the File Share resource, permissions for the "Everyone" group for that file share are set to full control by default. You can modify this property as previously described to change the default permissions.
Minimum supported client
Minimum supported server
|Windows Server 2003 Enterprise, Windows Server 2003 Datacenter|
End of server support
|Windows Server 2003 Datacenter, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise|
- File Share Private Properties
- Access Control
- Network Management
- Security Descriptor