MIDL and ODL
The Microsoft Interface Definition Language (MIDL) now includes the complete Object Definition Language (ODL) syntax. This allows you to use the 32-bit MIDL compiler to generate a type library and optional header files for a COM application.
The topics in this section discuss using the MIDL compiler and IDL files containing both IDL and ODL statements to generate type libraries:
- Generating a Type Library With MIDL
- Additional Files Required To Generate a Type Library
- Differences Between MIDL and MkTypLib
- ODL Language Features in MIDL
- Generating a Proxy DLL and a Type Library From a Single IDL File