Type.GetNestedType Method (String)
Searches for the nested type with the specified name.
[Visual Basic] Overloads Public Function GetNestedType( _ ByVal name As String _ ) As Type [C#] public Type GetNestedType( string name ); [C++] public: Type* GetNestedType( String* name ); [JScript] public function GetNestedType( name : String ) : Type;
- The string containing the name of the nested type to get, specified as nested.
A Type object representing the nested type with the specified name, if found; otherwise, a null reference (Nothing in Visual Basic).
|ArgumentNullException||name is a null reference (Nothing in Visual Basic).|
The search for name is case-sensitive.
The following table shows what members of a base class are returned by the Get methods when reflecting on a type.
|Field||No||Yes. A field is always hide-by-name-and-signature.|
|Event||Not applicable||The common type system rule is that the inheritance is the same as that of the methods that implement the property. Reflection treats properties as hide-by-name-and-signature. See note 2 below.|
|Method||No||Yes. A method (both virtual and non-virtual) can be hide-by-name or hide-by-name-and-signature.|
|Property||Not applicable||The common type system rule is that the inheritance is the same as that of the methods that implement the property. Reflection treats properties as hide-by-name-and-signature. See note 2 below.|
- Hide-by-name-and-signature considers all of the parts of the signature, including custom modifiers, return types, parameter types, sentinels, and unmanaged calling conventions. This is a binary comparison.
- For reflection, properties and events are hide-by-name-and-signature. If you have a property with both a get and a set accessor in the base class, but the derived class has only a get accessor, the derived class property hides the base class property, and you will not be able to access the setter on the base class.
- Custom attributes are not part of the common type system.
Platforms: Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows 2000, Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional, Windows Server 2003 family, Common Language Infrastructure (CLI) Standard
.NET Framework Security:
- ReflectionPermission for reflecting methods that are not public. Associated enumerations: ReflectionPermissionFlag.MemberAccess, ReflectionPermissionFlag.TypeInformation