Server Explorer, Database Tools, Options Dialog Box
Use this page of the Options dialog box to change the default settings for connections and databases. You can access the Options dialog box from the Tools menu.
- Limit SQL results sent to Output window
- Limits the number of rows displayed in the output window. By default, this option is set to 500 rows. The valid range is 1–65535 rows.
- SQL login time-out
- Specifies the number of seconds allowed for a login before the login times out. In practice, a SQL login time-out of 15 seconds is a reasonable time-out value. By default, this option is set to 15 seconds. The valid range is 1–65535 seconds. For an unlimited amount of time to login, clear the SQL login time-out check box.
- Show system objects
- Displays system objects as well as user-defined objects. By default, this option is not selected: displaying and modifying system objects may damage your database.
- Show objects owned by any user
- Setting this option displays all of the user schemas. If you have access permission, you can use the Visual Database Tools to design any of the visible schemas.
- by owner
- Sorts objects by owner. This option is only effective if the objects have been created by more than one owner.
- by object
- Sorts objects by object name. This applies to all objects regardless of owner.
- Enable version control
- Provides version control for stored procedures in database projects in Solution Explorer. This option enables the user to place stored procedures in a version control system by choosing Add to Source Control or Remove from Source Control on the shortcut menu of the Stored Procedures folder in Server Explorer.