Occurs when an Add-in is unloaded from the environment.
Public Sub OnDisconnection( _ ByVal RemoveMode As ext_DisconnectMode, _ ByVal custom() As Variant _ )
Sub OnDisconnection( _ ByVal RemoveMode As ext_DisconnectMode, _ ByVal custom() As Variant _ )
HRESULT __stdcall OnDisconnection( ext_DisconnectMode RemoveMode, SAFEARRAY** custom );
void OnDisconnection( ext_DisconnectMode RemoveMode, object custom );
public function OnDisconnection( RemoveMode : ext_DisconnectMode, custom : Object )
- A ext_dm constant specifying how the Add-in was unloaded.
- An array of Variant type values that provides additional data. This is not used by Visual Studio .NET.
OnDisconnection is a method that, when its host interface is implemented, acts as an event that occurs when an Add-in is unloaded.
An Add-in can be unloaded in any of the following ways:
- Clearing the check box next to the Add-in in the Add-In Manager dialog box.
- Closing its host application. If an Add-in is loaded and its host application closes, then the Add-in is unloaded. If the Add-in's load behavior is set to Startup, it is reloaded when the application starts again.
- The Connect property of the corresponding AddIn object is set to False.
You can use the OnDisconnection event procedure to run code that restores any changes made to the application by the Add-in and to perform general clean-up operations.
Note that this code works only in an Add-In project, not in macros.
Imports Microsoft.Office.Core imports Extensibility imports System.Runtime.InteropServices Imports EnvDTE <GuidAttribute("B25D9733-A1B2-420D-8F6B-478E2B051C83"), ProgIdAttribute("MyAddin1.Connect")> _ Public Class Connect Implements Extensibility.IDTExtensibility2 Dim applicationObject As EnvDTE.DTE Dim addInInstance as EnvDTE.AddIn Public Sub OnDisconnection(ByVal RemoveMode As Extensibility.ext_DisconnectMode, ByRef custom As System.Array) Implements Extensibility.IDTExtensibility2.OnDisconnection Msgbox("Add-In disconnection event occuring.") End Sub End Class
Applies To: IDTExtensibility2 Interface