Debugging Remote Applications
You can debug programs running on remote Intel platforms. During remote debugging, the one computer (the debugger host) controls debugging using a small remote monitor program on the second computer (the remote target). The debugger host computer communicates with the remote target computer through a network connection.
This section covers the following topics:
- Setting Up the Remote Debug Monitor
- Connecting the Host and Target Machines
- Starting Remote Debugging
- How Can I Keep Focus When Stepping Through My Program?
- How Can I Use Debugger Windows While Debugging a Foreground Program?
- How Can I Speed Up Remote Debugging?
- Error: Unable to Resolve an IP Address
- Error: The VC++ Debug Monitor Is Not Correctly Installed
- Error: The Specified Debug Password Is Incorrect
- Error: Cannot Open File on Remote Machine