Coding Techniques and Programming Practices
Superior coding techniques and programming practices are hallmarks of a professional programmer. The bulk of programming consists of making many small choices, which collectively attempt to solve a large set of problems. A programmer's skill and expertise largely determine the wisdom of those choices.
In This Section
- Coding Standards and Code Reviews
- Discusses how coding standards and code reviews help enforce proper coding technique.
- Coding Techniques
- Provides a listing of some common coding techniques.
- Program Structure and Code Conventions
- Lists coding conventions specifically related to Visual Basic.
- VBScript Coding Conventions
- Lists coding conventions specifically related to Visual Basic Scripting Edition.
- Solving Problems Due to C Coding Techniques
- Discusses coding techniques that affect code portability.
- Editing Code, HTML, and Text
- Using the Visual Studio Code Editor to edit code.
- XML Documentation
- Using XML to create inline documentation comments in C#.