Using the This (Me) Window
The This/Me window enables you to examine the data members of the object associated with the current method. The window is called the This window in C++ and C# and it is called the Me window in Visual Basic.
To display the This window (C/C++, C#)
- From the Debug menu, choose Windows and click This. (The debugger must be running or in break mode.)
To display the Me window (Visual Basic only)
- From the Debug menu, choose Windows and click Me. (The debugger must be running or in break mode.)
To modify the value of a variable in the This/Me window
- The debugger must be in break mode.
- In the This (Me) window, select the value you want to edit by double-clicking on it or by using the TAB key.
- Type the new value, and press ENTER.
Caution Editing floating-point values can result in minor inaccuracies because of decimal-to-binary conversion of fractional components. Even a seemingly innocuous edit can result in changes to some of the least significant bits in the floating-point variable.
You can set the numeric format used in the debugger windows to decimal or hexadecimal. For more information, see Changing the Numeric Format of Source Windows.