This topic contains links to articles, product documentation, and MSDN Library topics containing information about security considerations and recommendations when creating applications using Visual Studio .NET tools and technologies.
- Compiler Security Checks In Depth
- Discusses buffer overruns and the complete picture of the Microsoft® Visual C++® .NET security checks feature provided by the /GS compile-time flag.
- Developing Software in Visual Studio .NET with Non-Administrative Privileges
- Members of the local Administrators group have privileges to perform any action on a machine. This causes both a risk to the user performing actions in that environment and to the software that they develop. This article explains how to productively develop software while logged on with non-administrative privileges.
- Security Concerns for Visual Basic .NET and Visual C# .NET Programmers
- An overview of what you need to know about security, both for Windows forms and Web forms in Visual Basic .NET and Visual C# .NET.
- Security with Visual J#
- Discusses security in the .NET Framework and provides guidelines on upgrading Visual J++ 6.0 applications to Microsoft Visual J# .NET.
- Introduction to Web Application Security
- Discusses security concepts such as authentication, authorization, and impersonation, and also discusses elements of Web application security in Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Windows Forms Security
- Provides an overview of the Windows Forms security implementation.
- .NET Framework
- Find out about the .NET Framework Software Development Kit (SDK), which allows developers to build Web-based applications and services that take advantage of the new .NET Framework technology.
MSDN Library Links
- .NET Security Web site at http://msdn.microsoft.com/net/security
- Find information that will help developers and administrators design and deploy secure .NET Framework applications.
- Visual Studio Home page at http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/
- Find pointers to product information, technical resources, additional samples and downloads and more.
- Articles and Columns
- Provides links to articles and other resources related to Microsoft® Visual Studio® .NET.
- Visual Basic .NET Articles
- Provides links to articles specific to the Visual Basic project and language.
- Visual C# .NET Articles
- Provides links to articles specific to the Visual C# project and language.
- Visual C++ .NET Articles
- Provides links to articles specific to the Visual C++ projects and languages, including Managed Extensions for C++.
- JScript .NET Articles
- Provides links to articles specific to scripting technologies.