This documentation is archived and is not being maintained.
Visual Studio .NET 2003
This topic contains links to articles, product documentation, and MSDN Library topics containing information about using Visual Studio .NET tools and technologies.
- Adding Custom Folders for Enterprise Template Projects to Visual Studio .NET Dialog Boxes
- Describes how to create top-level folders in various Visual Studio .NET dialog boxes for easy access to Enterprise Template projects. Readers should be familiar with Visual Studio .NET and Enterprise Templates.
- Adding Projects that Do Not Support Policy to an Enterprise Template
- Describes the steps necessary to include this type of project in an Enterprise Template: creating a custom wizard script; making Visual Studio aware of the custom wizard; attaching the custom wizard to an Enterprise Template project. Readers should be familiar with Visual Studio .NET and Enterprise Templates.
- Enterprise Templates: Building an Application Construction Kit in Visual Studio .NET 2003
- Explains one approach for using Enterprise Templates with other Visual Studio .NET features to create an "application construction kit."
- Object Role Modeling: An Overview
- Provides an overview of Object Role Modeling (ORM), a fact-oriented method for performing information analysis at the conceptual level. The version of ORM discussed here is supported in Microsoft Visio for Enterprise Architects, part of Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect.
- Restricting Developers to Custom Project or Item Types with Enterprise Templates
- Enterprise Templates and policy make it easy to filter the Add New Item dialog box for a particular project. However, if a custom project item is similar to a standard project item, it might be hard to allow only the custom item to be used without generating inappropriate policy reminders. This paper describes how to avoid this problem by modifying the definition of the standard project item to separate the portion that contains the prototype from the portion that handles identification.
- Using Custom Code Attributes for TDL Identification in Enterprise Templates
- Describes how to associate an attribute with a class and use the attribute-value pair to uniquely identify any class in your code so that your policy can control the use of the class. Readers should be familiar with Visual Studio .NET and Enterprise Templates.
- Introducing Visual Studio .NET
- Find out more about what's new in Visual Studio, installation, and the different editions of Visual Studio.
- Samples and Walkthroughs
- Find out about the latest updates in the Duwamish Online and Fitch and Mather sample applications.
- Developing with Visual Studio .NET
- Find out about designing, developing, debugging, testing, deploying, and managing applications created with Visual Studio.
- Enterprise Templates for Distributed Applications
- Provides links to topics that describe the uses and advantages of Enterprise Templates and how to use them.
- Designing Distributed Applications
- Information on application design decisions, such as system architecture, database design, and international considerations, as well as Enterprise Templates.
- .NET Framework
- Find out about the .NET Framework Software Development Kit (SDK), which allows developers to build Web-based applications and services that take advantage of the new .NET Framework technology.
MSDN Library Links
- Visual Studio Home page at http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/
- Find pointers to product information, technical resources, additional samples and downloads and more.
- Articles and Columns
- Provides links to articles and other resources related to Microsoft® Visual Studio® .NET.
- Visual Basic .NET Articles
- Provides links to articles specific to the Visual Basic project and language.
- Visual C# .NET Articles
- Provides links to articles specific to the Visual C# project and language.
- Visual C++ .NET Articles
- Provides links to articles specific to the Visual C++ projects and languages, including Managed Extensions for C++.
- JScript .NET Articles
- Provides links to articles specific to scripting technologies.