Visual Studio .NET 2003
This topic contains links to articles, product documentation, and MSDN Library topics containing information about deploying your applications using Visual Studio .NET tools and technologies.
- Deploying Hybrid Visual Basic 6.0 / Visual Basic .NET Applications
- Demonstrates how to deploy applications that contain both Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Basic .NET components.
- Deploying Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 by Using Active Directory
- Many customers, such as universities, need to deploy Microsoft® Visual Studio® .NET 2003 (English) to remote labs, but settings in setup block deployment. This white paper describes the procedures for using the Group Policy feature of Active Directory® to deploy the Visual Studio .NET 2003 setup package across a network.
- Deployment Changes in Visual Basic .NET
- Learn about what Visual Basic 6.0 programmers need to know to use deployment features in Visual Basic .NET.
- No-Touch Deployment in the .NET Framework
- Demonstrates an exciting new feature to simplify deploying and updating a Windows Form Smart Client using a Web Server. Using no-touch deployment technology, the .NET Framework allows system administrators to deploy applications and updates to applications just as they would Web applications — via a remote Web server.
- What's New in Deployment
- Describes deployment changes in Visual Studio .NET from the traditional deployment model in Visual Studio 6.0.
- Methods of Deployment
- Provides links to topics on various deployment methods.
- Deployment Concepts
- Provides links to topics covering concepts related to deployment.
- Deploying Applications
- Provides links to topics describing various deployment tasks.
- Deployment Walkthroughs
- Provides a list of step-by-step topics about how to deploy different types of projects.
- Redistributing a Native C++ Application
- Discusses how to get a native Visual C++ .NET application to run on any computer running a Microsoft 32-bit operating system.
- .NET Framework
- Find out about the .NET Framework Software Development Kit (SDK), which allows developers to build Web-based applications and services that take advantage of the new .NET Framework technology.
- .NET Framework Deployment Features
- Provides a brief overview of the deployment features in the .NET Framework
- .NET Framework Deployment Basics
- Provides an overview of packaging and distributing .NET Framework applications.
- Deployment Scenarios
- Describes several possible deployment scenarios for .NET Framework applications.
- How the Runtime Locates Assemblies
- Describes how the common language runtime determines which assembly to use to fulfill a binding request.
- Distributing the Common Language Runtime
- Describes the contents of the redistribution package you use to deploy the runtime on user and server computers.
MSDN Library Links
- Visual Studio Home page at http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/
- Find pointers to product information, technical resources, additional samples and downloads and more.
- Articles and Columns
- Provides links to articles and other resources related to Microsoft® Visual Studio® .NET.
- Visual Basic .NET Articles
- Provides links to articles specific to the Visual Basic project and language.
- Visual C# .NET Articles
- Provides links to articles specific to the Visual C# project and language.
- Visual C++ .NET Articles
- Provides links to articles specific to the Visual C++ projects and languages, including Managed Extensions for C++.
- JScript .NET Articles
- Provides links to articles specific to scripting technologies.