Architecture of Fitch and Mather 7.0
Fitch and Mather 7.0 is an enterprise application that is divided into three logical layers. As a result of its design, an enterprise can deploy the application in a variety of distributed and non-distributed configurations.
Fitch and Mather 7.0 uses technologies and illustrates design considerations that application architects routinely encounter. However, it does not explain all possible options. Since design requirements vary among applications, you may benefit from additional assistance in some areas. Some of the following links in Related Sections provides additional insight into the design and implementation of Fitch and Mather 7.0. Other information provides further guidance in the design and deployment of any enterprise application.
In This Section
- Architectural Overview
- Explains the architectural design of Fitch and Mather 7.0 by dissecting its multi-layered .NET implementation and class/method interaction.
- Technologies Used in Fitch and Mather 7.0
- Describes several key technologies within the Duwamish 7.0 architecture.
- Visio Diagrams
- Describes the Visio file, which is copied during the Duwamish installation process.
- Architectural Elements
- Explains specific critical architectural highlights, such as security and error handling, and provides architectural recommendations and practices under sections that are labeled Key Points.
- Architecture of Duwamish 7.0
- Explains the architectural design of Duwamish 7.0.
- Behind the Scenes of Fitch and Mather 7.0
- Explains details and programmatic workflow of Fitch and Mather 7.0.
- Provides general guidance on developing high quality and reliable software.
- Provides an overview on how to program applications in a mission critical round-the-clock environment.
- Explains how to use Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) in your application design.
- Getting Started With Enterprise Templates in Distributed Applications
- Describes how to use the new Enterprise Templates in the design of your application.
- XML Web Services in Managed Code
- Provides a list of several useful links on Web Services concepts.
- Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Provides a list of several useful links on Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Microsoft Visio (http://www.microsoft.com/office/visio)
- Opens the home page for the Microsoft Visio product.
- Security Tutorial
- Provides a tutorial on security basics.
- The Microsoft® Solutions Framework(http://www.microsoft.com/trainingandservices/default.asp?PageID=enterprise&AnnMenu=solutions)
- Provides guidance for application and infrastructure projects.
- Provides general guidance on implementing security within an application.