This documentation is archived and is not being maintained.
Windows Forms Sample Abstracts for Visual Basic
Visual Studio .NET 2003
The samples listed on this page demonstrate features that can be used in Windows-based applications.
In This Section
- Windows Forms: Calc Sample
- Demonstrates how to create the equivalent of a control array in Visual Basic .NET by using common methods to handle the individual controls' click events.
- Windows Forms: Localization Sample
- Demonstrates how to save culture preferences to your computer that persist from run to run of your application.
- Windows Forms: Multi-Threaded TCP/IP Listener Sample
- Demonstrates a technique for creating a multi-threaded application that generates and listens for TCP/IP traffic.
- Windows Forms: Multilingual Form Sample
- Demonstrates using different culture information in a Windows Forms application.
- Windows Forms: Performance Monitor Sample
- Demonstrates how to monitor system performance using performance counters. This sample is also an introduction to performance counters.
- Windows Forms: Process Controller Sample
- Demonstrates how to build a Visual Basic Windows application for processes and services monitoring.
- Windows Forms: Registry Client Sample
- Demonstrates how to use the Registry classes to add a new registry key and manipulate the values associated with that key.
- Windows Forms: Scribble Sample
- Demonstrates a Windows Forms MDI drawing application.
- Windows Forms: System Tray Sample
- Demonstrates how to use the status area of the Windows taskbar in a Visual Basic .NET application.
- Windows Forms: Vehicle Sample
- Demonstrates inheritance by implementing a vehicle class for cars and boats.
- Windows Forms: Weather Sample
- Demonstrates how to use the .NET Framework's XML classes to query an XML document and retrieve the weather forecast for a specified city.
- Windows Forms: Winlogger Sample
- Demonstrates using a logging component to write to a text file and the Windows Application Event Log.
- Visual Basic Sample Applications
- Provides links to Visual Basic code samples that demonstrate .NET concepts.
- Visual Basic Walkthroughs
- Provides a list of topics that give step-by-step instruction on doing various kinds of Visual Basic programming.
- Decision Chart
- Provides a graphical, linked guide to decisions about designing your application.