Deploying Windows Applications with Crystal Reports
To deploy your application, you need to create a setup project and add the necessary merge modules to your application before you build your solution.
- Open your Windows application.
- In the Solution Explorer, right-click your Windows application solution, point to Add then click New Project.
- In the Add New Project dialog box, select Setup and Deployment Projects in the Project Types pane and select Setup Project in the Templates pane. Click OK.
- In the Solution Explorer, right-click the Setup Project, point to Add then click Project Output.
- In the Add Project Output Group, select Primary output and click OK.
Any dependencies, such as the Crystal_Managed2003.msm, are added automatically.
- In the Solution Explorer, right-click the Setup Project, point to Add then click Merge Module.
- In the Add Modules dialog box, select the following merge modules to add to your Setup project and click Open:
For a description of these merge modules see Crystal Reports Merge Modules.
- In the Solution Explorer, right-click the Crystal_regwiz2003.msm file and choose Properties.
- In the Properties window, expand MergeModuleProperties and enter a valid license key in the License Key properties box.
Note Providing the license key is a mandatory step whenever you deploy a Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET application.
A license key will be given to you once you have registered Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET. You can find the license key in the About dialog box. From the Help menu, choose About Microsoft Development Environment. The keycode is listed in the Installed Products field.
- From the Build menu, choose Build Solution to build your application.
When deploying to a client or server computer, always ensure that the computer already has the .NET Framework installed.