Reports in Windows Applications
If you are developing a Windows application in Visual Basic or C#, you can host a report on a Windows Form with the Crystal Reports Windows Forms Viewer, which is available as a control in the Visual Studio Toolbox. This section shows you how to set up the Windows Forms Viewer to host a Crystal report.
Hosting Reports in Windows Applications
As well as providing the convenience of report viewing in a Windows application, the Windows Forms Viewer can interact with other controls in the same application and can dynamically update the report it is hosting.
Hosting a report in a Windows application involves the following steps. (The optional steps deal with customization of the Windows Forms Viewer and / or your Windows application.)
- Creating Windows Applications
- Adding Windows Forms Viewers to Applications
- Adjusting Windows Forms Viewer Properties (optional)
- Accessing Reports in Windows Projects
- Binding Reports to Windows Forms Viewers
- Interacting with Other Controls in Windows Forms (optional)
- Building and Running Windows Applications
- Viewing Reports in Windows Forms Viewers