Drillthrough Options Dialog Box
Use this dialog box to specify drillthrough options for a cube or partition.
Drillthrough is an action in which an end user selects a single cube cell and retrieves a result set from the source data for that cell. If drillthrough is enabled, administrators can also drill through in Cube Browser and the Cube Editor Data tab. For more information about drillthrough, see Specifying Drillthrough Options.
In this dialog box, if you are editing a cube, you can enable or disable drillthrough for the cube. If you are editing a cube or partition, you can select the columns that are displayed in the result set. You can also specify a filter to limit the rows in the result set.
This dialog box appears when you perform one of the following actions:
- In Cube Editor, on the Tools menu, click Drillthrough Options. In this case, the drillthrough options apply to a cube.
- In the Advanced Settings dialog box, click Drillthrough. (The Advanced Settings dialog box is displayed when you click Advanced in the Convert to Partition dialog box or the last step of the Partition Wizard.) In this case, the drillthrough options apply to a partition.
- The Drillthrough Options dialog box has two tabs. For more details about the tabs, click a link in the following table.
To do this See Select the columns that are displayed when a drillthrough is executed. Columns Tab (Drillthrough Options Dialog Box) Specify a filter (WHERE clause expression of an SQL SELECT statement) to limit the result set returned by drillthrough. Filter Tab (Drillthrough Options Dialog Box)
The following options are displayed for all tabs.
Select to enable end users to drill through any cube cell they are authorized to access. This action also allows administrators to drill through. In the Columns tab, you must select at least one column.
The only end users who can drill through are those in cube roles granted the ability to drill through. For more information, see Creating Cube Roles.
Clear to disable end users' and administrators' ability to drill through.
Enable drillthrough is read-only if you are editing a partition. Drillthrough can be enabled and disabled only at the cube level.
Click to temporarily save your changes and close the dialog box. To permanently save your changes:
- If you are editing a cube, in Cube Editor, save the cube.
- If you are editing a partition, in the Advanced Settings dialog box, click OK. Then, in the Partition Wizard, click Finish (or, in the Convert to Partition dialog box, click OK).