How to create a role assignment
To create a role assignment
- In Report Manager, navigate to and open the property pages of the item to which you want to apply the role assignment.
- Click the Properties tab, and then click Security.
- If the item already has item-specific security defined for it, click New Role Assignment.
If the item uses the security settings of a parent item, click Edit Item Security, and then click New Role Assignment.
- Type the name of a group or user account. You can specify only one account name for each role assignment.
- Select one or more role definitions that describe how the user or group should access the item and its descendants, and then click OK.
To determine which tasks a role definition supports, click the name of the role definition. If existing role definitions are insufficient, click New Role to create a new one.