How to create an e-mail subscription
The report you select must use stored credentials or no credentials. If the report gets credentials another way, the New Subscription button is not available.
To create an e-mail subscription
- In Report Manager, open the report to which you want to subscribe.
- Click New Subscription. The New Subscription page opens.
- Select Report Server Email for the method of delivery.
- Type the e-mail address to which you want the report delivered in the To field. If you have permission to manage all subscriptions, you can type additional e-mail addresses in Cc, Bcc, and Reply-To fields.
- Choose report delivery options. If you clear these options, only the text in the Subject line is sent.
- Select Include Report to embed or attach a copy of the report. The rendering format you select in the next step determines how the report is included. Do not choose this option if you think the report size will exceed the maximum limit defined for your e-mail system. If the report is too large, it will be sent as an attachment.
- Select Include Link to include a URL to the report in the body of the e-mail message.
- Choose a rendering format, which determines report presentation. This option is available if you include the report with the e-mail.
To embed the report in the body of the e-mail, select Web archive.
All other rendering formats send the report as an attachment.
- Specify conditions that cause the subscription to process and delivery to occur.
When the report content is refreshed activates the subscription and delivers the report when a report snapshot is updated with a newer version. The schedule used to update a report snapshot determines when your subscription is processed. This option is available only for snapshots that are already associated with an update schedule.
When the scheduled report run is complete opens a schedule page so that you can specify a delivery schedule.
- For parameterized reports, specify parameters to use for the report that is generated in response to this subscription. The parameters that you specify can be different from those used to run the report on demand or in other scheduled operations.