How to create a linked report
To create a linked report
- In Report Manager, open the report on which you want to base the linked report, and then click the Properties tab at the top of the page.
- In the General properties page, click Create Linked Report. The New Linked Report page opens.
- Type a name for linked report you are creating. You can also type a description for the report.
- To select a different folder for the report, click Change Location. Otherwise, the linked report is created in the current folder, residing alongside the report on which it is based.
If you change the location, you must retype the name and description you specified in the previous step. Opening the Choose Linked Report Location page resets New Linked Report page.
- Click OK.
When you click OK, the linked report opens from the folder that you selected for it.
- To edit parameter values and other properties, click the Properties tab.
You can distinguish a linked report from other items managed by a report server by its icon. The following icon indicates a linked report: