Planning for Replication
SQL Server 2000
Careful planning before replication deployment can maximize data consistency, minimize demands on network resources, and prevent troubleshooting later.
Consider these areas when planning for replication:
- Whether replicated data needs to be updated, and by whom.
- Your data distribution needs regarding consistency, autonomy, and latency.
- The replication environment, including business users, technical infrastructure, network and security, and data characteristics.
- Types of replication and replication options.
- Replication topologies and how they align with the types of replication.