Administering and Monitoring Replication
SQL Server 2000
Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2000 replication provides tools to administer and monitor replication agents, replication alerts, and replication processes, ensuring that replication meets the needs of your organization.
Monitoring replication helps you:
- Set the agent profiles, schedules, properties, and notifications for replication agents.
- View and troubleshoot agent activity, including verifying when agents last ran, monitoring agent activity, and analyzing replication performance.
- Receive notification through a replication alert when an event occurs on a replication agent.
- Validate subscriptions to ensure that data values are the same at the Publisher and at Subscribers.
- Reinitialize one or all subscriptions to a publication as needed.
- Manage replication agents from a central location.