How to create a linked cube
SQL Server 2000
To create a linked cube
- In the Analysis Manager tree pane, expand the Analysis server and database in which you want to create the linked cube.
Note The Analysis server cannot be the same as the server in the linked cube's data source.
- Right-click the Cubes folder, and then click New Linked Cube.
- In the Linked Cube dialog box, in the Name box, type a name for the linked cube.
- In the Source Cube box, expand the data source that contains the source cube, and then select the source cube.
- If you want to process the linked cube now, select the Process after creating new cube check box. The linked cube must be processed before end users can connect to it.