How to specify a data source for a linked cube
SQL Server 2000
To specify a data source for a linked cube
- In the Analysis Manager tree pane, expand the database in which you want to create a linked cube.
- Right-click the Data Sources folder, and then click New Data Source.
- In the Data Link Properties dialog box, on the Provider tab, click Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Olap Services 8.0 or another provider that is compliant with the OLAP section of the OLE DB specification dated March 1999 (2.6).
- On the Connection tab, in the Data Source box, type the name of the Analysis server where the source cube is defined.
- In the Enter the initial catalog to use box, type the name of the database where the source cube is defined.
- To determine whether the data source is correctly connected, click Test Connection. If the connection is correct, you receive a message indicating that the test connection succeeded. Click OK to clear the message.
- In the Data Link Properties dialog box, click OK.