How to remove a failover clustered instance (Setup)
- On the Welcome screen of the Microsoft SQL Server Installation Wizard, click Next.
- On the Computer Name screen, click Virtual Server and specify the name of the server from which to remove a clustered instance. Click Next.
- On the Installation Selection screen, click Upgrade, remove, or add components to an existing instance of SQL Server.
- On the Instance Name screen, for a default instance, click Default. For a named instance, specify the name of the instance to remove. Click Next.
- On the Existing Installation screen, click Uninstall your existing installation. Click Next.
- On the Remote Information screen, specify the password that is a valid administrator password on all nodes in the cluster. Click Next.
- In the Setup message "Successfully uninstalled the instance . . . ", click OK.
- On the Setup Complete screen, click Finish.
If you are instructed to restart the computer, do so now. It is important to read the message from SQL Server Setup when you are done with installation. Failure to restart any of the specified nodes may cause failures when you run the Setup program in the future on any node in the failover cluster.