Middle of String Transformation Properties
Use this dialog box to copy a substring from the source column, transform it, and copy the result to the destination column. You specify the substring by providing a start position and a maximum number of characters to include. Other options are available that allow you to trim white space from the string and change case.
Use these options to locate the substring to be copied.
- Start position (1 based)
- Define the starting character position (the index starts at the number 1) from which the substring will be copied.
- Limit number of characters to
- Specify the number of characters to be copied. By default, all characters in the string, including the character in the start position, will be copied (default value of 0).
Select from which location in the string to remove white space.
- Trim leading white space
- Remove any white space preceding the first character of the string data.
- Trim trailing white space
- Remove any white space after the last character of the string data.
- Trim embedded white space
- Remove any white space in between the first and last characters of the string data.
Select whether to change the case of the string data as part of the transformation.
- Do not change case
- Leave the case of the string data intact after performing any trim operations.
- Change the case of the string data to uppercase after performing any trim operations.
- Change the case of the string data to lowercase after performing any trim operations.