IMAPIOfflineMgr::Advise [Outlook 2003 API Reference]
Registers a client to receive callbacks on an offline object.
HRESULT COfflineObj::Advise( ULONG ulFlags, MAPIOFFLINE_ADVISEINFO* pAdviseInfo, ULONG* pulAdviseToken );
- [in] Flags that modify behavior. Only the value MAPIOFFLINE_ADVISE_DEFAULT is supported.
- [in] Information about the type of callback, when to receive a callback, a callback interface for the caller, and other details. It also contains a client token that Outlook uses in sending subsequent notification callbacks to the client caller.
- [out] An advise token returned to the client caller for subsequently canceling callback for the object.
Upon opening an offline object using HrOpenOfflineObj, a client obtains an offline object that supports IMAPIOfflineMgr. The client can check for the kinds of callbacks supported by the object by using IMAPIOffline::GetCapabilities. The client can determine the type and other details about the callback it wants, and then call IMAPIOfflineMgr::Advise to register to receive such callbacks about the object.
- The call was successful.
- An invalid parameter has been specified.
- The callback interface specified in pAdviseInfo is not valid.
- Constants for the Offline State API