How to create an action in a regular cube
SQL Server 2000
To create an action in a regular cube
- In the Analysis Manager tree pane, under the database in which you want to create the action, expand the Cubes folder.
- Right-click the cube in which you want to create the action, and then click Edit.
- In Cube Editor, on the Insert menu, click Action.
- In the Action Wizard, in Welcome step, click Next.
- In the Select target step, select the object to which the action is attached. Generally, in client applications, the action is displayed when end users select the target object; however, the client application determines which end-user operation displays actions. Click Next.
- In the Select the action type step, select the type of action. The type indicates the kind of operation performed by the action. For more information about action types, see Creating Actions. Click Next.
- In the Define the Action Syntax step, specify the parameters that are passed when the action is executed. The syntax must evaluate to a string. Click Next.
- In the Finish step, specify the action name. Click Finish.
- To save the action, in Cube Editor, on the File menu, click Save.