How to view the Windows application log (Windows)
To view the Windows application log
- On the Start menu, point to Programs/Administrative Tools, and then click Event Viewer.
- If the Microsoft® Windows® application log is not displayed, on the Log menu, click Application.
Microsoft SQL Server™ events are identified by the entry MSSQLSERVER in the Source column. SQL Server Agent events are identified by the entry SQLSERVERAGENT. Microsoft Search service events are identified by the entry Microsoft Search.
- To view the log of a different computer, on the Log menu, click Select Computer and complete the Select Computer dialog box.
- Optionally, to display only SQL Server events, on the View menu click Filter Events, and in the Source list, select MSSQLSERVER. To view only SQL Server Agent events, select SQLSERVERAGENT instead.
- To view more information about an event, double-click the event.