How to send a message to a currently connected user (Enterprise Manager)
SQL Server 2000
To send a message to a currently connected user
- Expand a server group, and then expand a server.
- Expand Management, and then expand Current Activity.
- Click Process Info.
The current server activity is displayed in the details pane.
- In the details pane, right-click a Process ID, and then click Send Message.
Note It is not possible to send a message to a user when SQL Server Enterprise Manager is running on Microsoft® Windows® 98.
- In the Message box, type the message.
- Optionally, select Using hostname, and enter the computer name to send the message to a specific computer.