Handling a Failover Cluster Installation
SQL Server 2000
When you install a Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2000 failover cluster, you must:
- Ensure that the operating system is installed properly and designed to support failover clustering. For more information about what to do before installing a failover cluster, see Before Installing Failover Clustering. For more information about the order of installation, see Installing Failover Clustering.
- Consider whether the SQL Server tools, features, and components you want to use are supported with failover clustering. For more information, see Failover Clustering Support.
- Consider whether failover clustering is dependent on the products you want to use. For more information, see Failover Clustering Dependencies.
- Consider how to create a new failover cluster. For more information about creating a new failover cluster configuration, see Creating a Failover Cluster.
- Review the instructions for upgrading from a SQL Server version 6.5 or SQL Server version 7.0 cluster to a SQL Server 2000 failover cluster. For more information, see Upgrading to a SQL Server 2000 Failover Cluster.