HrOpenOfflineObj [Outlook 2003 API Reference]
Opens an offline object based on a given profile.
typedef HRESULT (STDMETHODCALLTYPE HROPENOFFLINEOBJ)( ULONG ulReserved, LPCWSTR pwszProfileNameIn, const GUID* pGUID, const GUID* pReserved, IMAPIOfflineMgr** ppOfflineObj);
- [in] This parameter is not used. It must be 0.
- [in] The name of the profile that the offline object is for. It must be expressed in Unicode.
- [in] Pointer to a GUID which can be used to uniquely identify this object from other offline objects. It must be GUID_GlobalState.
- [in] This parameter is not used. It must be NULL.
- [out] A pointer to the requested offline object. The caller can use this pointer to access the IMAPIOfflineMgr interface to find out the callbacks that this object supports and to set up callbacks for it.
- The function call is successful.
This is the first call that a client makes when the client wants to be notified of any connection state changes for a given profile. Upon calling HrOpenOfflineObj, the client obtains an offline object that supports IMAPIOfflineMgr. The client can check for the kinds of callbacks supported by the object (by using IMAPIOffline::GetCapabilities), and then set up callbacks for it (by using IMAPIOfflineMgr::Advise).
When using GetProcAddress to look for the address of this function in msmapi32.dll, specify HrOpenOfflineObj@20 as the procedure name.