About the Account Management API [Outlook 2003 API Reference]
The Account Management API provides access to account information and supports notifications of account changes. As clients of this API, mail providers do the following:
- Use IOlkAccountManager to manage access to accounts and set up notifications about account changes.
- Implement and use IOlkAccountNotify to send notifications about account changes.
- Use IOlkEnum to enumerate accounts.
- Use IOlkAccount to get and set properties and other information about an account. Clients obtain this interface through IOlkAccountManager::FindAccount or IOlkEnum::GetNext to access an individual account.
- Implement and use IOlkAccountHelper to provide the account manager helper functionality, including getting an account's profile name and the current MAPI session.
- Implement and use IOlkErrorUnknown to provide extra information about an error in IOlkAccountManager, IOlkAccountNotify, and IOlkAccount.
The Account Management API provides the following defintions, data types, properties, and interfaces.