Usage-Based Optimization Wizard
Use this wizard to tune performance of cube partitions based on the history of queries previously sent to the cube.
For more information about optimizing performance, see Scalability.
The Usage-Based Optimization Wizard appears when, in the Analysis Manager tree pane, you right-click an existing cube and then click Usage-Based Optimization.
The Usage-Based Optimization Wizard has the following steps:
- Select the cube partition whose query performance you want to optimize.
- Select the queries on which you want to base your optimization.
- Review the results.
- Choose whether to replace existing aggregations or to add new ones.
- Select a type of data storage.
- Design new aggregations.
- Save and process the new aggregations.