How to create an alert using severity level (Enterprise Manager)
To create an alert using severity level
- Expand a server group, and then expand a server.
- Expand Management, right-click Alerts, and then click New Alerts.
- In the Name box, type a name for this alert.
- Select the Enabled check box to enable the alert to run.
- Click Severity, and then click a severity level.
Severity levels from 19 through 25 send a Microsoft® SQL Server™ message to the Microsoft Windows® application log and trigger an alert. Events with severity levels less than 19 will trigger alerts only if you have used sp_altermessage, RAISERROR WITH LOG, or xp_logevent to force them to be written to the Windows application log.
- In the Database name list, click the database to restrict the alert to a specific database.
- In the Error message contains this text box, type a keyword or character string to restrict the alert to a particular character sequence.
The maximum number of characters is 100.