The document is archived and information here might be outdated
WalkthroughsThis content is no longer actively maintained. It is provided as is, for anyone who may still be using these technologies, with no warranties or claims of accuracy with regard to the most recent product version or service release.
The topics in this section provide mini-tutorials that walk you through some typical application development scenarios using Microsoft® Office XP Developer. These walkthroughs are intended to provide:
- A guide to accomplish the primary tasks you must have in your own work.
- Step-by-step instructions to be used as a learning exercise.
- A means to get acquainted with Office Developer.
- Pointers to more detailed information in other topics.
In This Section
- Walkthrough: Creating a COM Add-in with VBA
- Using this walkthrough, you can create a COM add-in using Microsoft® Visual Basic® for Applications (VBA). COM Add-ins can extend your application's functionality without adding complexity for your user.
- Walkthroughs: Workflow Applications for Exchange Server
- The Workflow Applications for Exchange Server walkthroughs introduce the important areas of the Workflow Designer for Exchange Server. Each walkthrough discusses the development of a specific workflow application type and user interface using a series of steps.
- Walkthroughs: Workflow Applications for SQL Server
- These walkthroughs provide a hands-on introduction to the numerous features of Microsoft® Office XP Developer, and Workflow Designer for SQL Server in a clear and ordered manner.
- Walkthrough: Creating a Digital Dashboard using Web Parts
- A Digital Dashboard is a customized application that delivers personal, team, and corporate information directly to a user's desktop.
- Getting Started with Office Developer
- Microsoft® Office XP Developer provides everything for developers building applications with Microsoft Office XP. Office Developer includes professional productivity tools, documentation, and sample code for quickly building, managing, and deploying applications with Office and Office components.
- Developing Office Developer Applications
- Microsoft® Office XP Developer provides the productivity tools professional developers must have to build applications faster, integration tools to make their applications work seamlessly with data and the Web, and management tools to simplify deploying and managing the applications they build with Office.
- Using Web Technologies with Office XP
- The applications in the Microsoft® Office XP suite always have focused on making it easy to create powerful documents. However, these documents have not been always easy to share with large groups of people. In the last few years, the popularity of the Internet and corporate intranets has exploded, because they make it so easy to disseminate information to a wide audience.
- Programming Concepts
- When you program, you store data and manipulate it with a series of instructions. The data and data storage containers are the raw materials of programming. The tools you use to manipulate this raw material are commands, functions, and operators.
- The Microsoft® Office XP Developer reference includes information on productivity tools and the controls, objects, properties, methods, events, statements, functions, and constants available.
- The Microsoft® Office XP Developer sample applications are designed to make it possible for you to see how the sample works, how it is coded, and how you can apply its features in your own applications.
- Microsoft Office Developer Center
- For additional information and resources for Microsoft® Office developers, visit the Office Developer Web site. This Web site will be updated regularly with the latest information.