Using the Office Developer Productivity ToolsThis content is no longer actively maintained. It is provided as is, for anyone who may still be using these technologies, with no warranties or claims of accuracy with regard to the most recent product version or service release.
Build applications with Microsoft® Office XP Developer productivity and team-oriented tools. From code management to rapid application development, you will find enhanced productivity tools and documentation to help make you more productive.
Office Developer provides customization and extensibility tools that can help make you more productive and reduce development time. In addition, Office Developer provides a series of designers that extend the functionality of Microsoft® Visual Basic® for Applications (VBA). For example, the Add-in Designer facilitates building COM Add-ins (fully compiled DLLs) to extend the Office environment. Getting to data is critical. The tools simplify tasks from building reusable complex queries to creating reports that bind to enterprise data.
In This Section
- Sharing Code with the Code Librarian
- Use the Code Librarian to store and easily access code snippets.
- Using Source Code Control
- Place your Microsoft® Office applications and source code under source control.
- Sharing and Reusing VBA Objects
- Import and export Microsoft® Visual Basic® for Applications (VBA) objects between projects.
- Rapid Application Development Tools
- Develop and deploy applications quickly with Rapid Application Development (RAD) tools.