Designing Data Retrieval and Manipulation
The Microsoft® Visual Database Tools Query and View Designer can help you create and maintain the data retrieval and data manipulation portions of your application.
For more information about designing the data retrieval and manipulation portions of an application, see Database Queries and Visual Database Tools.
In This Section
- Designing Queries
- Specific steps of query design.
- Working with Views
- Creating views and indexed views.
- Manipulating Data
- Use the Query and View Designer to modify data.
- Overview of Visual Database Tools
- What's new in Visual Database Tools and how the tools interact with your database.
- Database Development and Visual Database Tools
- Overview of the tools included and how to manage large database projects.
- Database Queries and Visual Database Tools
- Understanding how to use queries and views of your data in Visual Database Tools.
- Developing Database Structure
- Detailed steps for designing and maintaining database structure through tables, columns, keys, indexes, stored procedures, and more.
- General reference topics covering queries, operators, search conditions, and specific DBMS requirements, user interface reference topics, and error message topics.