The .NET Framework enables powerful new Web-based applications and services, including ASP.NET applications, Windows Forms applications, and Windows services. This section contains instructive overviews and detailed, step-by-step procedures for creating applications.
This section also includes information on using the .NET Framework design-time architecture to support visual design environments for authoring custom components and controls.
In This Section
- Creating ASP.NET Web Applications
- Provides information about how to develop enterprise-class Web applications with ASP.NET.
- Creating ASP.NET Mobile Web Applications
- Provides information about how to develop Web applications for mobile devices, including Web-enabled cell phones, pagers, and personal digital assistants (PDAs) such as the Pocket PC.
- Creating Windows Forms Applications
- Introduces Windows Forms, the new object-oriented platform for developing Windows-based applications.
- Windows Service Applications
- Describes creating, installing, starting, and stopping Windows system services.
- Building Console Applications
- Describes writing applications that use the system console for input and output.
- Enhancing Design-Time Support
- Describes the .NET Framework's rich design-time architecture and support for visual design environments.
- Debugging and Profiling Applications
- Explains how to test and profile .NET Framework applications.
- Deploying Applications
- Shows how to use the .NET Framework and the common language runtime to create self-described, self-contained applications.
- Configuring Applications
- Explains how developers and administrators can apply settings to various types of configuration files.