When you use arrays, you can refer to multiple variables by the same name, using a number called an index or subscript to distinguish them from one another. Arrays can shorten and simplify your code, allowing you to create loops that deal efficiently with any number of elements.
In This Section
- Arrays Overview
- Explains what arrays are and how they work, including information on dimensionality, size, and type.
- Array Usage
- Provides information on how to use arrays, including multidimensional arrays.
- Declaring Array Variables
- Provides information on using Dim, Public, Protected, Friend, Protected Friend, and Private.
- Advanced Features of Arrays
- Describes assigning the contents of one array to another, and returning an array from a function.
- Arrays of Arrays
- Describes creating an Object array and populating it with other arrays of different data types.
- Collections as an Alternative to Arrays
- Provides information on storing items in a collection instead of an array, a practice that can be more efficient in some scenarios.