|Important||This document may not represent best practices for current development, links to downloads and other resources may no longer be valid. Current recommended version can be found here. ArchiveDisclaimer|
Creating a Project with a Visual C++ Application Wizard
Every type of Visual C++ project has an application wizard that helps you generate new projects quickly and easily, modeled from the project template. For details, see Visual C++ Projects.
To open an application wizard, use the New Project dialog box to specify your project properties like the name, or the directory and solution where your project will reside.
To open a Visual C++ application wizard
- On the File menu, click New, and then click Project.
The New Project dialog box appears.
- In the Project Types pane, select the Visual C++ Projects folder. An icon for every type of C++ project appears in the Templates pane.
- In the Templates pane, select an icon to choose a project type. A message appears under both panes indicating the type of project you are going to create.
- Specify your project properties, or skip this step to use Visual Studio default project properties. See Projects as Containers for details.
- Click OK, and the wizard for your project type opens.
When you create a project you can either create a new solution or you can add the project to an existing solution. For more information, see Solutions as Containers.