|Important||This document may not represent best practices for current development, links to downloads and other resources may no longer be valid. Current recommended version can be found here. ArchiveDisclaimer|
Visual Studio .NET 2003
This section of the documentation helps you get started with Visual Basic and Visual C# application development.
In This Section
- Additional Resources for Visual Basic Programmers
- Lists sites and newsgroups that can help you find answers to common Visual Basic problems.
- Additional Resources for Visual C# Programmers
- Lists sites and newsgroups that can help you find answers to common Visual C# problems.
- What's New in Visual Basic and Visual C#
- Covers new features for different areas, including Web development, data access, component creation, and the Visual Basic and Visual C# languages.
- Visual Basic Standard Edition Features
- Describes the features of the standard edition of Visual Basic.
- Visual C# .NET Standard Edition
- Provides links to descriptions of the features of the standard edition of Visual C#.
- Decision Chart
- Provides an interactive guide to help you choose which approach or technology to use, as well as links to more information.
- Walkthroughs in Visual Basic and Visual C#
- Provides links to topics that walk you through complete scenarios covering different types of applications.
- Common Tasks in Visual Basic and Visual C#
- Provides links to topics on common programming tasks.
- Code for Visual Basic Programmers
- Highlights the code examples available within this section of the Visual Basic documentation.
- .NET Framework Class Library in Visual Studio
- Explains essential concepts and lists the most important namespaces for each feature area, and provides links to more information.
- Provides links to sample code in both Visual Basic and Visual C#.
- Using Help in Visual Studio .NET
- Explains how to use filters and provides links to topics about searching Help, using the index, and finding information in the MSDN Library.
- Customizing the Development Environment
- Covers how to set options for the integrated development environment (IDE), such as shortcut keys and debugging preferences.
- Product Support
- Covers how to receive support and give feedback.
- Visual Studio .NET
- Provides links into the Visual Studio documentation.
- Visual Studio .NET Editions
- Lists the features of the three editions of Visual Studio.
- Visual Basic and Visual C#
- Provides links into the documentation on rapid application development.
- Visual C++
- Provides links into the Visual C++ documentation.
- Introducing Visual J#
- Provides an overview of Visual J#, as well as a description of the Visual J# architecture.
- Programming with Office
- Provides information on using Microsoft Office and Visual Studio .NET as part of your business application.