CREATE LABEL Command
Opens the Label Designer so you can create a label.
CREATE LABEL [FileName | ?] [NOWAIT] [SAVE] [WINDOW WindowName1] [IN [WINDOW] WindowName2 | IN SCREEN
- Specifies the file name for the label. If you don't specify an extension for the file name, Visual FoxPro automatically assigns an .lbx extension.
- Displays the Create dialog box that prompts you to name the label being created.
- Continues program execution after the Label Designer is opened. The program doesn't wait for the Label Designer to be closed, but continues execution on the program line immediately following the line that contains CREATE LABEL NOWAIT. If you omit NOWAIT when CREATE LABEL is issued in a program, the Label Designer is opened and program execution pauses until the Label Designer is closed.
Including the NOWAIT option has no effect on the CREATE LABEL command when issued from the Command window.
- Leaves the Label Designer open after another window is activated. If you omit SAVE, the Label Designer is closed when another window is activated.
Including SAVE has no effect when issued from the Command window.
- WINDOW WindowName1
- Specifies a window whose characteristics the Label Designer takes on. For example, if the window is created with the FLOAT option of DEFINE WINDOW, the Label Designer can be moved. The window doesn't have to be active or visible, but it must be defined.
The Label Designer has a default size that can be larger than the window from which it takes its characteristics. In this case, the Label Designer still assumes the characteristics of the window in which it is placed. The upper-left corner of the Label Designer is placed at the same coordinates as the upper-left corner of the window, and extends beyond the window's borders.
- IN [WINDOW] WindowName2
- Specifies a parent window in which the Label Designer is opened. The Label Designer doesn't assume the characteristics of the parent window and cannot be moved outside the parent window. If the parent window is moved, the Label Designer moves with it.
The parent window must first be defined with DEFINE WINDOW, and must be visible to access the Label Designer.
- IN SCREEN
- Specifies that the Label Designer is explicitly opened in the main Visual FoxPro window, after the Label Designer has been placed in a parent window. A Label Designer is placed in a parent window by including the IN WINDOW clause.
CREATE LABEL lets you create labels in standard label formats or design your own custom labels. You can also use the Label Wizard to create labels.