This documentation is archived and is not being maintained.
Working with Base Types
.NET Framework 1.1
This section describes .NET Framework base type operations, including formatting, conversion, and common operations.
In This Section
- Converting Types
- Describes base type conversion.
- Encoding Base Types
- Describes how to convert characters into bytes.
- Formatting Types
- Describes how to format strings using the string format specifiers.
- Manipulating Strings
- Describes how to manipulate and format strings.
- Parsing Strings
- Describes how to convert strings into .NET Framework types.
- Common Type System
- Describes types used by the .NET Framework.