The Visual FoxPro reference includes topics on productivity tools, as well as the controls, objects, properties, methods, events, statements, functions, and constants available.
In This Section
- General Reference
- Visual FoxPro related technical information, including file types, file structures, and other reference information about Visual FoxPro elements.
- Naming Conventions
- Choose names for exposed objects, properties, and methods that can be understood by users of the application easily.
- User Interface Reference
- User interface (UI) reference topics explain the options that appear on various dialog boxes, windows, and other user interfaces. These types of topics generally appear when you press F1 in a dialog box or window.
- Error Messages
- Find information about some of the more common error messages in Visual FoxPro.
- Getting Started with Visual FoxPro
- Visual FoxPro is the object-oriented database management system that makes it possible for you to create state-of-the-art enterprise database solutions.
- Using Visual FoxPro
- Visual FoxPro programming features are designed to improve developer productivity, including Access and Assign methods, support for more graphic file formats, and language to simplify programming tasks.
- Developing Visual FoxPro Applications
- This section includes conceptual information about how to develop Visual FoxPro applications, instructions for creating databases and the user interface, and other tasks needed to create Visual FoxPro applications.
- Programming in Visual FoxPro
- Visual FoxPro is a powerful interactive data management tool, but you also can access the full power of Visual FoxPro by creating applications. Understanding object-oriented programming techniques and the event-driven model can maximize your programming productivity.
- Visual FoxPro comes with numerous code samples that you can use for experimenting and becoming acquainted with features.
- Utility Programs
- These tools are provided with Visual FoxPro to help speed the process of application development.