ClickOnce Deployment for Windows Forms
The following topics describe ClickOnce, a technology used for easily deploying Windows Forms applications to client computers.
- Choosing a ClickOnce Deployment Strategy
Presents several options for deploying ClickOnce applications.
- Choosing a ClickOnce Update Strategy
Presents several options for updating ClickOnce applications.
- Securing ClickOnce Applications
Explains the security implications of ClickOnce deployment.
- Troubleshooting ClickOnce Deployments
Describes various problems that can occur when deploying ClickOnce applications, and documents the top-level error messages that ClickOnce might generate.
- ClickOnce and Application Settings
Describes how ClickOnce deployment works with application settings, which stores application and user settings for future retrieval.
- Trusted Application Deployment Overview
Describes a ClickOnce feature that allows trusted applications to run with a higher level of permission on client computers.
- ClickOnce and Authenticode
Describes how Authenticode technology is used in trusted application deployment.
- Walkthrough: Manually Deploying a ClickOnce Application
Demonstrates using command-line and SDK tools to deploy a ClickOnce application without using Visual Studio.
- How to: Add a Trusted Publisher to a Client Computer for ClickOnce Applications
Demonstrates the one-time configuration of client computers required for trusted application deployment.
- How to: Specify an Alternate Location for Deployment Updates
Demonstrates configuring a ClickOnce application, using SDK tools, to check a different location for new versions of an application.
- Walkthrough: Downloading Assemblies on Demand with the ClickOnce Deployment API
Demonstrates using API calls to retrieve an assembly the first time your application attempts to load it.
- How to: Retrieve Query String Information in an Online ClickOnce Application
Demonstrates retrieving parameters from the URL used to run a ClickOnce application.
- ClickOnce Cache Overview
Describes the cache used to store ClickOnce applications on the local computer.
- Accessing Local and Remote Data in ClickOnce Applications
Describes how to access local data files and remote data sources from a ClickOnce application.
- How to: Include a Data File in a ClickOnce Application
Demonstrates how to mark a file so that it is available in the ClickOnce data directory.