|Important||This document may not represent best practices for current development, links to downloads and other resources may no longer be valid. Current recommended version can be found here. ArchiveDisclaimer|
Creating the Provider
Visual Studio .NET 2003
To create an OLE DB provider with the ATL OLE DB Provider Wizard
- Right-click the project.
- On the shortcut menu, click Add and then click Add Class.
- In the Add Class dialog box, select the ATL OLE DB Provider icon and click Open.
- In the ATL OLE DB Provider Wizard, enter a short name for your provider in the Short Name box. The following topics use the short name "MyProvider", but you can use another name. The other name boxes populate according to the name you enter.
- Edit the other name boxes, if desired. In addition to the object and file names, you can edit the following:
- Coclass: The name that COM uses to create the provider.
- ProgID: The programmatic identifier, a text string that can be used instead of a GUID.
- Version: Used with the ProgID and coclass to generate a version-dependent programmatic ID.
- Click Finish.