|Important||This document may not represent best practices for current development, links to downloads and other resources may no longer be valid. Current recommended version can be found here. ArchiveDisclaimer|
Vbupgrade Command-Line Syntax
The Vbupgrade.exe command-line tool can be used to upgrade a Visual Basic 6.0 application to Visual Basic .NET.
The command line syntax for Vbupgrade.exe is:
Vbupgrade[.exe] inputname [/Out outputname] [/Verbose [/NoLog [/LogFile logfilename]]] Vbupgrade[.exe] /?
Specifies the path and file name of the Visual Basic 6.0 project to be upgraded.
- /Out outputname
- Specifies the path for the folder where the Visual Basic .NET project will be created. The default path is \OutDir.
- Displays all output to the DOS window during upgrade.
- Does not create a log file during upgrade.
- /LogFile logfilename
- Specifies the path and file name for the log file created during upgrade. If the path and file name are not specified, a log file will be created in the same folder as the Visual Basic .NET project. The default file name is ProjectFileName.log, where ProjectFileName is the name of the project file.
- Displays a list of command-line options.
Paths or file names that contain spaces must be surrounded by quotation marks.